Greensynergy Consulting offers sustainability consulting services to public and private institutions, helping to develop the capacity of people, communities and organizations to adopt sustainable practices and develop strong sustainability cultures.
Dr. Matthew Parnell, Owner and Principal Sustainability Consultant at Greensynergy Consulting is a building industry professional with over 30 years experience and a particular interest in the practice of sustainability in the built environment.
Since graduating with a Bachelor of Building from the University of New South Wales, Dr. Parnell has gained extensive experience in project and construction management in housing, multi-residential, large CBD projects, office re-fits, heritage refurbishment and remote area developments. He also has experience at management level in commercial, academic and non-government sectors.
He is a published author, researcher and educator, with over 10 years experience as a University lecturer in building technology and sustainable development at the University of Tasmania School of Architecture and the Technology Education Course at Southern Cross University. He has worked on sustainability projects in urban, rural, regional and remote Australia.
Current areas of activity include sustainability services in green building, energy assessment, education and cultural change through partnerships with designers, developers and local government. He completed a PhD in Sustainable Development through Murdoch University in 2012, investigating sustainability culture and its implications for sustainability practice.
- PhD in Sustainable Development (Institute for Sustainability and Technology Policy, Murdoch University)
- Bachelor of Building (UNSW)
- Green Building Council of Australia > Accredited Green Building Professional
- NABERS Accredited Assessor no. 20067
- Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Accredited Assessor no. CBDA0123
- AIRAH Trained Energy Auditor + Carbon Detective
- ABSA Accredited House Energy Rating (HERS) Assessor no. 20593
- ABSA Certified Home Sustainability (HSAS) Assessor no. HO56773
- Cert IV Assessment + Workplace Training
- Accredited Cognitive Edge Practitioner (Complexity-based organisational change processes)
Suite 1.01, Coffs Harbour Innovation Centre 363 Hogbin Drive Coffs Harbour, NSW, 2450, Australia
Welcome to the GreenBiz Sustainability Consultants Directory
Gain exposure for your consulting practice! The GreenBiz Consultants Directory is a unique, cost-effective, and trackable way to reach businesses looking for you.
Basic listings are free, and include business name, location and phone in one primary category. To gain greater visibility, upgrade features include listing in multiple categories, business logo, full description, and contact links.